8/7/10

yob searching

It's been almost a week since I've been a resident of Columbia. Definitely enjoying my time here as the weather isn't SCORCHING hot, still very warm, but it's nice enough for me to blogging outdoors today. Most of my days have been spent at Lil' Mama's store, Salsa Gardens. We've been rearranging, sweeping, and changing things up a bit. (LM's better at sweeping than me) Any other free time has been spent applying away at nearly any and everything. JOB SEARCHING SUCKS! I'm too interesting of a person to be selling phones door-to-door. How come I can't find a job that entertains/challenges/has room for growth???? It's so annoying. I've done Craigslist, Monster.com, Careerbuilder.com, Kansas City Star, Kansas Business Journal, etc, you name it...I've tried it. 

Luckily, I've already been offered a job (a stupid, sucky one) and I have a second interview with what could potentially be a really great company! We'll see on Monday...but still waiting on responses from everywhere else. The big bro called with some good advice yesterday to start researching companies I think I'd enjoy...and go directly to them. I kind of thought, "Duh, I know that." But really I didn't. And I wasn't doing just that...so today has been spent thinking about what and WHO I might want to work for? I think anywhere I can be around people and a fun environment. Because anyone who knows me will probably say a desk job isn't right for me. 

Not much else to say besides the job hunt goes on! If you know someone who knows someone...tell them you know me!!! :) I'm getting eager to move in with my besties...but enjoying this time with Mom (oops...I mean, LM)! I did have a stir-crazy moment last night when all my Facebook buddies were planning their Friday nights out! So LM and Jim (ha!) appeased my getting restless and we went out for dinner and a couple drinks. Perfect! 

Back to the grind today...Work, Jazzercise, and a yummy home-cooked dinner! Well--I'll let ya'll know when I get the dream job I deserve. 

Happy Weekend,
Tracee "No Telemarketing Jobs" Brewton

2 comments:

  1. Good luck with the job search! So glad you have a blog, now I have a way to keep up to date with what you are doing (well more than facebook). Keep us posted!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know a new job is stressful, but it's been two months since you've last posted! I need to know more about what's going on in Tracee's life! Please update.

    ReplyDelete