Two-thirds of the way back to Columbia. The past few days have FLOWN by. Lil' Mama and I are currently in Joplin, Missouri laying in a hotel room...a very muggy and humid hotel room. Ugh. This air is going to take some getting used to. But first things first...everyone must be dying to know how this crazy trip has gone, because let me tell you...it's been crazay! As soon as Lil' Mama arrived in Austin on Friday morning, we knew Mexican food was an absolute must have. Sooo...naturally we stopped at Trudy's. Typically known for their Mexican Martini's...we are more in love with their Queso Especial. But even better than that is their stuffed avocado...(whole avocado stuffed with chicken and cheese...then deep-fried topped off with fresh avocado...I know, I know) Check it out.

We then ventured off to the Coop, which I told you about before and got lots of cute Texas stuff. Met up with my two besties, Megan and Kaitlyn...then, oh yes, we ate Trudy's AGAIN! Had to get my delicious Mexican food kick out of the way...before I get back to the yucky stuff up in the Midwest. Jim and Adam (My step-dad and step-brother) arrived that early evening and we prepared to meet up the next morning to move me out of my apartment. Luckily we had two men with us....because Lil' Mama and I carried the clothes and little boxes, then they took care of the rest. Whew. Though it sounds pretty easy, my dad knows what a pain and how picky I can be when it comes to hauling my precious things around (especially my sleigh bed)...think he might've enjoyed getting out of that task for the first time in five years. This was the end result.

Before we could officially get on the road...I needed a sweet tea from my favorite BBQ place (Pok-E-Jo's) and then we were off! Bye Bye Austin!! Lil' Mama snapped a quick one of downtown as we were pulling out of ATX. 

So, Roadtrip: Day One began. Luckily, we only had to drive to Dallas (3 hours from Austin). I met up and stayed the night with Papa Brew (also sometimes known as Dad or Daddio) and my two insanely entertaining little sisters. Tristyn and Tessa are AMAZING sisters...and I'm so glad I have been able to watch them grow up. (Insert picture of them soon...and you will see how sweet they are!) Oh, and of course, Dad went and got me my favorite sushi for dinner (another thing I will dearly miss). While I did that, my new roomie and road trip partner (aka Lil' Mama, formally known as Mom) had the chance to stay the night with her good friends from Dallas and catch up...so all-in-all, solid Day One.
I was going to continue babbling about how today went in this post...buuuut I decided anticipation is key. Either that or I'm exhausted...but I just know you will be up all night pondering about what possibly could've happened from Dallas to Joplin. You won't be disappointed, that's for certain. A few more things I'd like to add:
1. Mrs. Katie Brewton---obsessed with the new design of your blog! Absolutely precious. Fits perfect seeing as the subject you write about is just as cute. Already makes me want to tweek mine and play with it some more.
2. I teared up and almost broke down as we crossed the Texas border. Luckily we never actually saw the, "You are now leaving Texas," sign. I think they hid it for the day...so I didn't have to bear the sight. So the tiny bit of tears that never left my lid dried up quick...and I remembered that I was starting a new and exciting adventure!
3. My. family. is. the. best. (YOU GUYS!) I always knew how lucky I am, but in the past few days...I've gotten an overload of everyone (in a good way). My step-dad and step-bro that will drive 30 hours just to help with a quick move and doesn't think twice about it. My real Dad who treats me to my favorite sushi and stays up late with me watching movies, giving advice, and BS'ing and laughing about everything. My Mom that helped me organize, pack, clean, and continuously entertains me with old stories, sing-a-longs, and obviously just girl talk. I haven't seen the rest of ya'll, but I know that you're thinking about me and hoping the best for this move. It's an incredible feeling....so a big thanks goes out to my fam! :)
SO sorry for the long post...but I had a serious writing itch today! Roadtrip: Day Two post will continue soon, as we will actually get home tomorrow.
Adios Texas! I'll be back soon!
"Without love, I won't survive." -Incubus 'Love Hurts'
LOVED this post and can't wait for part 2!! Three random thoughts: I am now craving Mexican food in a big way, your U-haul is amazingly well-packed, and I'm glad that the "You're leaving Texas" sign disappeared for a day. Hope you and Lil' Mama have a great month together!!!
ReplyDelete